Bed bugs are very tiny, reddish-brown parasite insects roughly the size of an apple seed that bites on the human body to feed on them. They suck blood from the human and cause itchiness and turn skin red which eventually disappears. Although there is no evidence of bedbugs causing any disease, they can be the reason for many skin problems.
Bed bugs multiply in number very fast, it breeds at a faster rate. A female bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs in a lifetime. Bed bugs can not fly but move very fast and mature bed bugs can shed their skin very fast before reaching maturity. There is no surprise that these tiny bloodsuckers can cause a lot of havoc in your home. If they get into your bed or sofa, they can leave red, itchy welts all over your body. But you can Control Bedbugs In Your Bed with the help of a professional pest control treatment easily. There are some DIY options for you, we will discuss them here.
Where Do Bed Bugs Hide?
Bed Bugs do not have nests like ants or bees, they live in groups in hiding places. Their primary hiding places are typically in mattresses, bed frames, and headboards where they have accessibility to people to bite during the night. Bed bugs enter the home undetected through used items such as beds, couches, luggage, clothes and many more. They have a very flat body which makes them fit in any space.
Bed bugs don’t care if the environment is clean or dirty. All they need is a warm host and plenty of hiding places. If you have bed bugs at home that doesn’t mean your house is dirty or something. It can be in any place, dirty or clean. They just come unnoticed. You may have a tougher time ridding your home of them if you have a lot of clutter, or you travel often and bring new bed bugs home in your luggage.
When Bed Bugs Bite?
During nights bed bugs are very active and bite humans when they are asleep. They have elongated beaks with which they pierce the skin by biting and sucking the blood from humans. Once they suck the blood for 3 – 5 minutes they enlarge in size and crawl away unnoticed by humans. Bed bug bites are painless but later cause itchiness and redness. They feed on any exposed area of the human body. Sometimes people who do not know that they have a bed bug infestation, attribute the itching and redness to some other causes like mosquito bites or something else. To avoid bed bugs and nonsense caused by it, Regular Pest Treatment can help you.
How To Control Bed Bugs In Your Bed?
Quicker controlling measures better is the result. Because it becomes close to impossible to eliminate bed bugs from your home if not taken any action immediately. They cause havoc and also their reproduction rate is so high that, if it goes unnoticed they will be in larger numbers than we can not imagine.
Cleaning up all places where bed bug lives is the first and foremost step, which includes –
- Identify all infected areas by yourself or a Professional Pest Control team.
- Wash your beds, linens, curtains, or even soft toys in hot water and dry them.
- Use a hard brush to clean off the mattress to remove all eggs before vacuum cleaning them.
- After vacuuming, immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and place it in the garbage bin outdoors.
- Repair all the cracks in the wall plaster and glue down peeling wallpaper to get rid of places where bed bugs can hide.
- Get rid of all the clutter around the bed.
- Check thoroughly if your mattress is infested, you may have to get rid of it and get a new one because beds are the place where they are mostly hiding and a safe breeding place for bed bugs.
- Bed Bugs may live up to a year without feeding, so keep the covers on your mattress for at least a year to make sure any bed bugs won’t enter the mattress after it is cleaned.
While cleaning up infested areas by yourself is helpful in controlling bed bugs, getting rid of them usually requires proper treatment methods. Because treating your bed and bedroom with insecticides can be harmful, it is important to use products that can be used safely in bedrooms. Do not treat mattresses and bedding unless the label specifically says it is safe to use them on bedding. It is advisable to read all the instructions provided on the chemical bottle to know how to use it by yourself.
Generally, it is safest and most effective to hire Pest Control Fairfield for the elimination of bed bugs.